Monday, May 21, 2012

Awkward...

  In my previous blog post I mentioned my Doctor's appointment. Life got very busy following that post and it has taken a while to get caught up. I am going to start with the visit that got cancelled.
  I was scheduled to go in for a consultation since the clomid did not produce a pregnancy. The clinic was booked far enough in advance that I could not see the doctor until after my ovulation cycle. When I reported at the clinic do see my physician I was informed that he had been called away to assist in a cesarean section with another doctor. I was told he would be on a few moments late. During this time I was called back to a room to speak with the nurse. At this time I discovered that my nurse was former nursing student of mine. I was wondering how this was going to work, when you taught someone in nursing school, having them assist with a pelvic doesn't exactly seem like a great idea for either of you. She was nervous, I was uncomfortable with it as well. Just a short time later I was informed that my doctor needed to reschedule me. At this point I regrettably allowed my frustration to drive. I agreed to the reschedule only as long I knew it wasn't going to be another three weeks. I really did not want another wasted cycle. Three days later I received a call rescheduling me.
    When I got there for that appointment, my former nursing student was there. She had forgotten her watch and was acting very nervous. I felt bad for her and a little awkward myself. But she did a wonderful job and really seems to enjoy her field. It was at this appointment that options were laid out for us. We chose to have a diagnostic laparoscopy. More on that later.

No comments: