Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Side Effects

Anyone that has taken medicine knows that with every medication comes a long list of possible side effects. Tylenol alone has about a million (of course I'm exaggerating).

Well, since the wifey is/has been taking those fertility drugs (clomid, femara, etc.), I thought I'd go over a few of the things that have affected her. I'm not one for being too long winded so I figured I'd just make a list and maybe I'll update it if other drugs are used in the future (let it be known that I'd love for that to be completely unnecessary).

By all means, know that the following list and the descriptions within it are not meant to harm or disrespect anyone, but to inform others (I love you honey).


  • Clomid


    • Mood Swings:

      The clomid mood swings can only be compared to a roller coaster. She's up... then down... then kinda sideways with a side of loop-de-loop. We could both tell when it was happening. I tried to be as supportive as possible and she tried to control it the best she could. I think I can say that we made the best of it when it happened.



    • Hot Flashes:

      I remember exactly when the first one happened. We were at McCalister's having lunch and before my eyes her whole face turned beet red and she started taking off as many articles of clothing as she could without being indecent. I laughed. She laughed. The ones to follow weren't as memorable, but she definitely had a lot of them.



    • Emotional Crises:

      I don't think these really need much explanation. There were a lot of hugs and a lot of tears, but she got through them.




  • Femara


    • Increased Body Temperature:

      On a regular day that wife of mine is very cold natured. She can't sleep without being covered up. It could be 75 degrees in the house and she'll have a blanket spread over her while she's watching tv. BUT, while she's taking the Femara it's completely opposite. I do not look forward to wearing a snow suit year round when she goes through menopause.



    • Irritability:

      Of course, I can't blame it all on the meds, but I can definitely tell that there is a difference in my lovely lady's "me tolerance" during the week she takes the Femara.






I'm very proud of her for the way she's been able to deal with the changes that have been taking place within her due to the prescriptions that she's had to take. I can't imagine going through any of this with any other woman.

Him





No comments: